22 Apr 2016

Satara

Arrived late on Sunday 17 April at Satara accompanied by our 2 youngest grandchildren, Stella (5) and Piper (2). We set up on a site waiting for a spot to go open along the fence. I was up at 05h30 on Monday to see who was packing up, I checked all my favorite sites, all taken, when I saw some people packing up on a site next to the fence nice and big, but full sun, we discussed this and decided to set up. I sent Lettie to the pool and play park with the grand children while Sam and I set up, took me the whole morning. Settled in, Stella made friends with our neighbors, great people from Bedfordview. Next morning, Tuesday up early and on my way to the ablutions I noticed the people packing up on the corner stand, our favorite site and the one we have always wanted to stand on, but have never been lucky to get. I asked the people on the site if I could have it and that was it. I raced backed to our site, threw all the chairs and tables into the car and placed them on the site to claim it, plugged in a power cable and then went and told Lettie and the kids we are moving again, Lettie was furious, the children sad because they would be further from their new friends. Lettie and the kids went and sat under the tree on the new site while I took down all the canvas and moved the caravan to the new site, another morning spent establishing the site, all worth it as we now have a great private site where we can spend the next 45 days.
The grand children have kept us busy and we have not been out much,  as keeping a two year old occupied in a car is a full time job....!!!. Kim and Peter are fetching them and spending the weekend. Once they have gone we will start our real holiday and spend more time photographing and game viewing. I will post some photos and more regular updates then.
Today is my birthday and we plan a lovely roast and dinner tonight with the family.

1 comment :

  1. Already spoke to you on the phone.Happy birthday Dad, hope you had a awesome day!

    ReplyDelete

''start blog archive''