13 Apr 2016

Goodbye Mahai, we will be back



I have discovered a new passion for hiking, I am not sure why it took me so long, but I intend to make up for this and really spend more time hiking, particularly in the Drakensberg.
What a well-run and maintained camp Mahai is, spotless ablutions, plenty hot water, lawned level sites. You can now understand why this is so popular on weekends and school holidays, only 3 hrs drive from Johannesburg and 2.5 hrs from Durban or Bloemfontein
Today, Wednesday 13 April I did a 4 hour hike to Gudu Falls past Plowmans Kop and returned via Lookout Rock and the Cascades, The falls are spectacular, I crossed both the Dudu and the Mahai River twice.
We leave tomorrow 14 April to spend 3 days with Kim and Peter before leaving for Kruger on Sunday 17 April.
Stella(5) and Piper(2) our beautiful grandchildren, are spending the first week in Kruger with us, this is the first of many times they will spend with us in Kruger, without their parents.
We are probably more excited than they are, will spoil them and also plant the seed of conservation and the love of the bush, nature and wildlife.
 Kim and Peter will fetch them the weekend following and spend 3 or so days with us.
This will be the last Blog post until we are settled at Satara in Kruger.


Some of the Photos of my last walk.

Ground scraper Thrush

Eastern Buttress on my walk


Gudu river

Crossing the Mahai river below falls

Cycads

Gudu falls (in the distance center)

McKinley's pool


No comments :

Post a Comment

''start blog archive''