26 Jul 2017

First few days in Kruger



We arrived at Crocodile Bridge on Saturday 22 July at about 2 in the afternoon, all the good sites were taken so we decided to just park and wait for a site to go open on Sunday when most of the holiday makers would be headed home as the schools were reopening on Monday 24.
Late afternoon we saw a family, on a great perimeter site, starting to pack up, they had miscalculated on their date of departure, I immediately readied myself to take the site.
In my haste to move I accidentally side swiped another campers car with the rear of my caravan. I totally wrecked my neighbors Suzuki Vitara’s front bumper, no damage to my caravan. On Monday I lodged a claim with my insurance company.
This is the third mishap since leaving home. On leaving home I damaged the caravan’s rope beading maneuvering it out the drive way of our house. We had the beading replaced in Bloemfontein.
Then the R1000-00 fine which on appeal has now been reduced to R500-
On Monday I tried to connect to DSTV only to discover that the new Explorer decoder requires an 80 cm dish and a special LNB. R1600 later and an installer from Nelspruit had me up and running.
After all this we are now settling into Game Reserve mode and routine. Today 26 July was the first day of serious game viewing, we had good sightings of Rhino and Lion, and as soon as I get time I will download and post some photos.

No comments :

Post a Comment

''start blog archive''