9 Apr 2016

Mahai Royal Natal National Park



Steadies up at 10h00 on Friday 8 April from Golden Gate after 3 days of solid rain and cold.
Short drive over Olivier's Nek pass to Royal Natal where we arrived at 12h00 for 6 nights
We found a great site with a view, put up some canvas and satellite dish to watch the Rugby and Masters golf. How was Ernie’s 6 putt??
The weather has cleared, the sun is out and I did my first walk to Tiger Falls 4 hours round trip, great to get out after being confined to the Caravan for the last few days at Golden Gate.
There are enough walking trails around the camp site to try a different one every day. I also plan a round of golf at the Amphitheater Golf Course.
View of Camp from our site
Our camp site




A crab on the walk





View from our site to Tiger Falls

Tiger Falls


Cycad on the way to Tiger Falls


Sunday morning walk to Cascades absolutely beautiful, clean clear water of the Mahai river.









I think this is a Ground Woodpecker

I am sure the birders out there will be on to me in a flash if it is the wrong ID






 Can anyone ID this butterfly for me.













Sunday afternoon I played 9 holes at the
Amphitheatre Golf Course all the holes have a view to the Drakensberg Amphitheatre.

Tee off with the Tugela river flowing past. What a swing, Danny Willett can take lessons from this poetry in motion.






A great walk Amphitheater in distance clouded over




Cosmos with the Tugela meandering past

I walked and my caddy rode in the cart.




No comments :

Post a Comment

''start blog archive''